Disclaimer for Installation Service
Last Updated: December 15, 2022
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD- PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
This disclaimer is about the regulation of any kind of service provided by Discount Hardware Direct LLC such as – hardware installation, slabs, and door unit installation, assembling furniture and kitchens, as well as their installation, and any other services provided by the Company at a Clients location dedicated or not dedicated to the Company products.
Unless instructed to ship a complete order, Discount Hardware Direct LLC ships whatever material is available and back orders the balance. So when the order is delivered partially, it would be installed in the amount that has been delivered. Any next arrival of the installation team will cost $150 each.
By placing an order, the Client acknowledges and accepts the Terms and Conditions of Discount Hardware Direct LLC as they are listed on the company website: discounthardware.com.
Discount Hardware Direct LLC is not accountable for damage to the installed products occurring due to circumstances beyond our control. Under no circumstances is Discount Hardware Direct LLC liable for any amount exceeding the cost of the Goods and services listed in the Invoice.
Discount Hardware Direct LLC is not responsible for transportation, shipping, removal, labor, or installation/assembly charges or costs occurred for replacing the Product, or any other costs relating to the replacement of the Product if not listed in the Invoice dedicated to the service provided by the Company. The Company takes responsibility only for the service which is listed in the Invoice and paid by a Client. No additional service is possible upon request before its not discussed with the sales representative of the Company. Discount Hardware Direct LLC is not responsible for any loss of the Client resulting from increased production or delivery times.
The conditions of the Company installation service are the following:
- The Company does not take responsibility for any mismatches caused by the measurements taken by a Client. Any product will be made in accordance with the measurements provided and approved by the Client.
- Products must be stored flat in the original packaging. They cannot be stacked standing up or with other material stored on top of them. Store in a clean and dry place, where the temperature is maintained above 50°F.
- The temperature of the walls and the rooms should be maintained at a minimum of 65°F for at least 48 hours prior to installation. Allow materials and adhesives to acclimate for at least 24 hours, between 65°F and 80°F temperatures, before beginning the installation process.
- All pre-existing wallcoverings, materials, door units, etc. should be removed prior the installation if its removal is not listed in the Invoice to be done by the Company. Walls and wall-covering sheets must be completely free of grease, dirt, etc. Wipe surfaces down with a clean water-dampened rag to remove any dirt or debris.
- Maintain a constant temperature and environment while installing. Temperature for the application surface and the room should be maintained betweem 65°F and 80°F, with the preferred temperature being 68-75°F during installation. If relative humidity is greater than 80%, the installation could be paused until getting it to the normal levels of 45-60%. Additionally, the storing products in humidity levels of 80% and over 80°F temperatures voids the warranty on the products.
- All gaps, levels, and measurements during installation go under the regulation of WDMA rules and if so should be accepted by a Client as the one which is made properly and in accordance with the rules and regulations used in the United States.
- The Company will never use materials provided by a Client.
- Company workers work hours only approved by a Client. If the Company should meet any building regulations that could cause the lead time exceeding, the Company will not be responsible for any results of this exceeding to the Client.
- The Client must provide a normal place in their location for the Company workers to make product preparations using the hand tools and equipment, such as saws, routers, etc. The Clients at the same time understand and accept the fact that woodworking can cause dust and sawdust which is normal for this kind of work. Even after the Company workers clean the surface, the Client might still need additional cleaning, which will be the Client’s expense.
- The removal of existing materials may damage materials and/or surfaces of these materials or may expose tile or structure issues. The Company does not assume any responsibility for damage due to or during the removal of existing materials. Additional trips required due to these issues will result in a $220.00 per trip charge.
- Prices do not include evening or weekend working hours. Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
- The proposed price is subject to change if there are any changes to the size or configuration after the final field measurement, or options not listed in the actual proposal or invoice.
- If existing obstructions are needed to be removed or Client’s structure needs to be modified or corrected for installation, the Company reserves the right to require the Client to modify the work area. If this action results in an installation time increase and/or reschedule, there may be extra charges.
- For warranty information on your specific products, please contact your sales representative. The Company shall not be responsible for damage to its work by others. The Company will not be responsible for special incidental or consequential damages.
- In case the Company has provided labor to install “customer provided” materials, the Company is not responsible for any damages to Client’s glass or any other materials involved in, surrounding, or in the area of the work being performed.
- Any items not specifically listed and priced in the above bid proposal are excluded; any changes from this proposal to hardware or materials listed may cause a change in pricing and will be subject to a written Change Order.
- Signed Change Orders must be received and approved by the Company and the Contractor prior to any additional work being performed and it is understood that the Change Order may increase material delivery times and/or prolong work time.
- Lead times given are based on information received by suppliers and manufacturers and are subject to change at any time and without notice, therefore the Company shall not be held responsible for delays caused by suppliers and manufacturers.
- Following is excluded: final protection and cleaning, glass or mirror breakage by others, testing, engineering, permits, bonds, demolition. temporary enclosures, repairs or modification of existing opening or frames, core drilling for floor closures, any electrical work, unless noted in the scope of work.
- On acceptance of the price quoted for the order, the Client agrees to pay a 50% deposit for materials and labor, and to pay the remaining balance of the agreement upon completion of the work. The remaining balance will be paid on the completion of work, and will be charged according to the original payment method on file unless other payment arrangement is made by the Client at the time of payment of deposit.
- The Company is not responsible for any existing structural issues that may interfere with the installation and/or lead to unsightly reveals. Any or all structural modifications that may arise before, during, or after the installation are explicitly the Client’s responsibility.
- If any dimensions are changed after the Company measurement is completed and the changes in dimensions lead to inability of installation, there will be additional charges, as much as the fabrication of all materials is.
- Once the delivery/installation appointment for your project is confirmed, this time will be reserved just for you. If you are unable to keep this appointment we will need a notification at least one business day in advance. Otherwise, there may be additional trip charges and further delays, due to our scheduling load.
ACCEPTANCE: I accept the above mentioned description prior the installation.
I agree to pay a 50% deposit for the materials and labor at the time of acceptance, as well as paying the remaining balance of the agreement at completion.
The remaining balance will be paid at the completion of work and will be charged to original payment method in file, unless otherwise other payment arrangement is made by me at the time of payment of deposit.