Last Updated: December 15, 2022
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
Personal identification information consists of information that may identify you as a natural person or company, directly, indirectly, or in the aggregate with other information available to us, such as an identification number, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person or company.
We may collect the following personal identification information:
- General contact information, such as name, phone and fax number, email, and postal address for you, for your company, or for other people in your company;
- Online Account Information, such as username, password, and security question and answer;
- Purchase and customer service history, such as past orders;
- Certain financial information, such as payment information, including name, billing address, and card payment information, including card number, expiration date, and security code; bank account information; financial statements; income; and credit score;
- Location data, such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code, and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate.
- Contact information for referrals or other industry contacts, which you may provide to us;
- Any other personal information you submit to us, such as information submitted through our Store;
- We will not collect information related to race, ethnicity, origin, political affiliations, religion, union membership, biometric information, such as height, weight, and other health data, sexual orientation, date of birth, age, gender, marital status, and dependent, spousal, and/or other family information;
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- When users visit our Store;
- Register on the Store;
- Place an order;
- Subscribe to the newsletter;
- Respond to a survey;
- Fill out a form;
- In connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site and those listed in the “HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION” Section of this Policy below.
We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Store related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our Store. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer used, and technical information about users’ means of connection to our Store, such as the operating systems and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Discount Hardware Direct LLC may collect and use users’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Store.
- To improve our Site - We may use feedback that you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments - We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide services to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature - To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails - We may use the email address to send users information and updates related to their orders. They may also be used to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed instructions at the bottom of each email; or the user may contact us via our Store.
- To send SMS Messages - By clicking SIGN UP NOW in our Newsletter opt-in popup, users agree to receive marketing text messages from Discount Hardware Direct LLC at the number provided by the user, including messages sent by auto-dialer. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. Reply HELP for help or STOP to cancel.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal identification information, including usernames, passwords, transaction information, and data stored on our Store. Sensitive and private data exchanged between the Site and its users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to a specific user’s personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, are constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to ours, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Store, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Store. Your continued use of the Store following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Discount Hardware Direct LLC
6855 Presidents Drive, Suite 200, Orlando, FL, 32809